‘The Ripple’ Podcast To Feature Ben&Ben, Moira, SB19, And More

The newest season of The Ripple will explore the creative journeys of Ben&Ben and Moira.

‘My Love Will Make You Disappear’ Makes PHP40 Million In Four Days

After just four days in theaters, "My Love Will Make You Disappear" has already racked up PHP40 million at the box office.

Department Of Agriculture Distributes PHP49 Million Corn Seeds In Davao Region

Ipinamahagi ng Kagawaran ng Agrikultura ang PHP49 milyong halaga ng maaraming binhi at pataba sa mga magsasaka sa Davao Region.

Government Revenues, Expenditures Log Double-Digit Growth In January To February.

Ang mga kita at gastusin ng gobyerno ay patuloy na lumalago ng doble-digits hanggang sa katapusan ng Pebrero, ayon sa mga ulat.

Japan Backs US On Iran, But Seeks Restraint

By The Mindanao Life

Japan Backs US On Iran, But Seeks Restraint

9
9

How do you feel about this story?

Like
Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry

Japan said it stands with the US on its response to Iranian missile attacks on US bases in Iraq, according to local media.

Speaking to reporters in Tokyo, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said: “Japan has been urging all parties involved to exercise self-restraint so it’s our stance that we support the restrained response [by the US],” Kyodo News reported.

Iran launched missile attacks on US bases in Iraq during the intervening night of Tuesday and Wednesday. The attacks came in the wake of the US killing of Qassem Soleimani, the head of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ elite Quds Force, in an airstrike outside Baghdad International Airport last week.

According to the Iranian state-run television, 80 US citizens killed in the ballistic missile attacks on Iraqi military bases. However, US President Donald Trump said no Americans were harmed in Iran attacks on US forces in Iraq.

“We will continue to make all possible diplomatic efforts to ease and stabilize the situation in the Middle East,” Abe said.

Following missile attacks, US President Donald Trump responded with a warning of tougher economic sanctions on Tehran but he did not signal any additional US military action following Wednesday’s strikes.

Abe reportedly canceled his scheduled trip to Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Oman starting this weekend in the wake of the attacks.

The Japanese government approved deploying its Self-Defense Forces personnel to areas in the region to safeguard its commercial ships that bring 90 percent crude oil imports to the far east country.

Meanwhile, Hassan Rouhani was the first Iranian president visiting Japan in the last 19 years when he met Abe for bilateral talks in December. (Anadolu)