Maguindanao’s provincial health office will mobilize health workers for the launch of the second round of the “Sabayang Patak Kontra Polio” on January 20.
“All is set, all is ready,” Dr. Elizabeth Samama, provincial health officer, said in an interview over Radio Mindanao Network on Saturday.
Samama said the second round of the anti-polio vaccination will last until February 2, during which provincial, municipal, and barangay health workers would conduct house-to-house immunization.
She said they were targeting to immunize some 195,000 children aged 59 months and below. At least 98 percent of the total target of children to be vaccinated had been immunized during the first round of the anti-polio campaign.
She said Maguindanao listed at least two cases of polio last year.
“We would like the local government units to help us again in this program,” Samama said as she thanked local officials for their role in the first round of vaccination.
The anti-polio vaccination in the 36 towns of Maguindanao is conducted in coordination with the Department of Health and in partnership with the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF), and the World Health Organization. (PNA)