The convenience of quick fixes such as food deliveries and instant dishes has made families choose that over home-cooked meals. It’s tempting to just take the easy route and go for something fast, especially during the holidays when Filipinos are juggling many things at once.
One of the most important parts of Christmas in the Philippines is Noche Buena. Those preparing the Christmas Eve feast will want to prepare special food for their loved ones, but may find the idea of cooking several dishes intimidating.
Samsung developed the Smart Oven for those who want to enjoy healthy and delicious meals, which can be prepared for any type of occasion. Designed as an all-in-one kitchen partner, it works as a convection oven and a microwave that can be used for baking, grilling, slim frying, defrosting, steaming, and even making yogurt. It’s a do-it-all device that can whip up something special for Noche Buena.
Check out some recipes that families can enjoy with the Samsung Smart Oven:
Baked Baby Back Ribs with Coleslaw
Yield: 4 servings
Cooking time: 60 minutes
• 1 kg. baby back ribs, cut into 3-rib portions
• 1 sachet 8g. Maggi Magic Sarap
• ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 pc. small onion, minced
• 1 pc. small red chili, sliced
• 1 cup water
• 2 tbsp. soy sauce
• 2 tbsp. tomato catsup
• 2 tbsp. brown sugar
• 1 tbsp. peanut butter
• 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
• 1 cup shredded cabbage
• 1 cup shredded red cabbage
• ½ cup shredded carrot
• ½ tsp. fine salt
• ⅛ tsp. freshly ground pepper
• ¼ cup Nestle All-Purpose Cream
• 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
• 1 tbsp. lemon juice
1. Season ribs with Maggi Magic Sarap and pepper. Place meat side down on a deep baking pan.
2. Mix garlic, onion, chili, water, soy sauce, tomato catsup, sugar, and peanut butter. Pour into the pan and mix well with pork.
3. Bake on high rack using Microwave + Grill Mode. Set aside.
4. For both MC32K and MC35J: Select Microwave + Grill. Set at 600W for 60 minutes. After 45 minutes, flip and continue to cook for the remaining 15 minutes.
5. Prepare slaw by mixing cabbage, carrot, salt, pepper, Nestle All-Purpose Cream, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Mix well and refrigerate.
6. Brush pork with the reduced sauce, transfer on a serving plate and garnish with parsley. Serve with cabbage slaw.